Sunday, November 23, 2003

Well, we had to have my son sleep in the pack & play in a "retreat" room off our bedroom since his room was just painted. He went to bed ok at around 7:30 but at 11 woke up and didn't like the strange bed and the strange surroundings. I picked him up and held him, he fell asleep. I returned him to the pack & play, he woke up screaming. Pick up, sleep, put down, scream, pick up, sleep, put down, scream. I decided to see if he would sleep in our bed between us. At first it looked like a good idea, he cuddled up and I heard that lovely deep breathing in minutes. I closed my eyes and started to drift off to sleep. MUM-MUM??? He was sitting up pulling on my hair. MUM-MUM??? BA-BUM (bottle)??? I lay him back down and patted him off to sleep. Boing, up like a jack-in-the-box again. We considered letting him sleep in his room, but after opening the door and being blown away by the fumes, decided he might wake up with a brain tumor, or three eyes or something.

My dear husband, who has been canonized a saint overnight, held the baby in the recliner all night. If anyone knows any chants to get paint to dry quickly, let me know.

No comments: