Friday, November 07, 2003

Next, he'll be moonwalking

This Baby Signs thing cracks me up. We tried to teach my son a sign for "diaper" and so used a thumping fist on chest sign that my daughter made up when she was a baby. Over and over, we would thump our chests and hold up his diaper before a diaper change, or when we noticed he was busy using a diaper (it does not take a detective, as he tenses every muscle in his little body and turns bright red). He never repeated the sign. But then a few days ago, I told him it was time for a diaper change and he patted his crotch. He is, after all, a boy. Today he's waddling around looking for trouble, peeks in the door at me as I'm sitting in the bathroom, and pats his crotch. Good Mommy! Later, he spied his sister's Princess undies on the floor and again patted his pants. Michael Jackson would be proud.

No comments: