Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Time to do the Babysitter Rag. In order to take my daughter to the aforementioned co-operative preschool, I have to hire a sitter to take care of my son, as unenrolled siblings aren't allowed at school. Yes, we may be a bunch of tree-hugging granola eaters but we do have some standards. So I pay a college student to come watch my son between 8:30 and noon. I know he naps for a good hour and a half to two hours of this time. I know there may not be much for a college student to do while trapped in my home - like, I don't know - study? Or even watch the TV. But when I got home, it was clear to me she had been napping, because left the blanket she unfolded and the pillow she had been using on the sofa. The baby needed a new diaper, and had not had a new one since I changed him in the morning. Breakfast dishes - granted, they were the kids', and not the sitter's - languished in the sink. There were 2 messages on the answering machine because she had not answered the phone. Gee, I hope it didn't wake her.

No comments: