Sunday, January 11, 2004

867-5309

jennifer
n. a collective or quantitative noun for friends.
"Kelly, that's a whole jennifer of friends!"
(Source:The Infinite Teen Slang Dictionary)

So my name's Jen. You might have guessed that, or maybe you just figured spelling wasn't my strong point. Born in 1969, and, unlike the scads of just-younger Jennifers named after the heroine of Love Story, was named after Jennifer Grant, the daughter of Cary Grant and Dyan Cannon.
At different times in my life, I've gone by Jenny, Jennifer, Jen, and even Ginger. Met a lot of Jens along the way. In college, I lived in a 3 bedroom apartment with 5 other roommates - 3 of us named Jen.
Phone rings. "Hello?"
"Hello, may I speak with Jen?"

Sigh.

I've been reading a number of blogs lately, and noticing several good ones written by Jens. I even found a Jenblog webring. I've added a short list of the favorites I've stumbled on lately, I'll continue to add to it. We live all across the country, and beyond. We're moms, we're daughters, wives and girlfriends. We're conservative and liberal, straight and gay. We're sassy, we're shy; we're having midlife crises, we are full of teen angst. We are joined together by the white wave - we are Jen.


No comments: