Thursday, February 15, 2007

The South Pee Diet

I forgot how much the South Beach Diet makes you pee. Starting on Day 1, you can forget about getting a solid night's sleep because somewhere between midnight and 3 a.m., you'll be making your sleepy (and perilous, if you have toy-dropping midgets in your house) way to the loo. Amazing to me that even a single day on the diet can change your metabolism so much - it doesn't seem all that different from what I eat in a normal day, except for the Pop Tarts, M&Ms and wine, of course. From what I know of ketosis, it can't take place so quickly, so I don't think it's that. I just wish I knew why it happens.

Other than that, we (if I can speak for the MistEr, who doesn't have publishing permissions on my blog - Hi honey!) are doing pretty well. Day 3 began with an asparagus/mozzarella/sundried tomato omelette, chef's salad for lunch and - gasp! - steak is scheduled for dinner. We are only recently red-meat eaters, and so this is our first SBD on red meat. I'm still not really crazy about it, but the chicken, fish, chicken, fish, chicken for an entire month was never easy to take so this should mix it up a bit.

Weigh in: 127.8

No comments: