Monday, April 26, 2004

Weigh in #1

Well, 4 days of South Beach Diet under my (shrinking) belt, and though I never want to see another scrambled egg, I weighed in at 126.8 this morning. It's easier this time around, I am simply having eggs and a home-made turkey sausage patty for breakfast, salad and cheeses/deli meats for lunch and picking a vegetable-rich dinner from the SBD cookbook. Snacks are celery with soft cheese or a handful of almonds. A lot easier than gagging down that awful V-8 juice every morning like last time. I really do need to add in some exercise, I was mortified to find that I have cellulite on my thighs. I got some when I was pregnant but figured it would go away. I don't wear shorts much so I never noticed. Though I walk with the kids to the park from time to time, pushing the combined 60 pounds of child plus the weight of the double stroller, I am trying to get myself on the rowing machine each day. For me, that is a lot harder than changing my diet. I've never really enjoyed exercise and it takes up valuable napping time.

No comments: