Saturday, March 06, 2004

A case of the bloghs

Why haven't I dropped in to blog? Partly, been busy. Being a mother of 2 little ones, something simple like a dentist appointment can kill all the free time you have in an entire day. So last week, an extra work day at my daughter's co-operative preschool, a dentist appointment and being a little under the weather basically took up my entire week. Oh wait, during nap time one day, I peed, washed the lunch dishes and pushed back my cuticles before one child or the other woke up. Blogging while children are awake just isn't in the cards either. The little one fancies snapping the laptop shut with a bang, whether my hands are on the keyboard or not, and the older one, only 3, already knows to drone "this is booooo-ooooring" if she is left on her own for more than a few moments.
So, what's the other part of my bloglessness? Well, eBaying, selling everything that isn't nailed down and some things that were, nails and all. Been a little glum lately too, and I'm not sure why. Some days I feel that completely washed-out exhaustion as if I've been crying, but I haven't. I know I'm depressed over my cousin's partner, Kelly, the one with an inoperable lung tumor. I feel sad for my cousin, for Kelly, for their son; I feel somehow guilty. I'm looking forward to Spring because I am inconvenienced by Winter; Kelly is looking forward to Spring because if he is there to see it, he is still alive.

No comments: